Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Clustering with AlarmTraq 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike2005

Technical User
Apr 12, 2005
US
Has anyone had any experience migrating from the MS Access version of AlarmTraq to the SQL version.

I can't find anything regarding the upgrade or how much it costs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It is pretty straightforward. Just remember to backup your access database first so it can imported into SQL later. Take a look at and click on the videos at the bottom of the page.

We just upgraded a few weeks ago and it only took about a half hour.

Thanks for the link, I guess I just didn't see it on the web site. I just completed the upgrade and it only took about 20 minutes from start to finish. Do you know how to configure the clustering? I plan on using 2 or 3 servers to support 500 systems.

Thanks again for your help.

I think I finally got it working the way I wanted. I'm using 3 servers just like the sample they show on the website. The first server (4 ports) for all incoming alarms and dial-out RAS/PPP to test the inads link, 2 other servers (2 ports each) to share the load when dialing out to test or retrieve reports. Works great so far, thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back