Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server bottlenecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 1999
US
I am in the process of attempting to optimize performance on our NW4.2 server.<br>
<br>
Short of using DSTrace and other tedious Novell utilities, is there a product out there that can tell me where my server bottlenecks are? I would want something that shows utilization of: network bandwidth per card, HD, PCI bus, SCSI, etc.<br>
<br>
Thanks!

Not sure of a utility that provides statistical analysis/graphs for component/resource utilisation. Only guessing by t you might find this in Managewise. Worth posting in a relevant Novell forum. Have you checked out the user submitted files on Novells forums. If someone has created one to share it should be there, otherwise the superboffins who answer most of the posts in the Novell forums have probably come up against the same probs and found a solution.<br>
<br>
You might also try using Novells feedback section on the support site. Usually if they see enough demand they respond pretty swiftly when it comes to core server/NDS stuff

Check out the JB utilities. It is free ware from most of the TUCOWS sights. Usually only a registration fee. Also, ManageWise will gve you what you need. 2nd if it is a platform like a Compaq you can use Insight Manager shipped with the server, IBM ships a stripped down copy of Tivoli, HP has their own also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back