Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Application Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmbtech

Programmer
Nov 24, 2003
US
My web server has started throwing this error:
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

In the event log I see:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

and:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

I have found several KB's that refer to NET 1.0 and this problem, but not 1.1

I have re-installed the framework and tried modifing the machine.config per KB-Q315158, but no luck.

the server is 2k sp4 running IIS5.0

Any Ideas as to what would have caused this and how to fix it?

Thanks
Mike

try this...

open a command prompt and type Aspnet_regiis.exe -i

press enter

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back