Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server+ advice - exam code and book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistaking

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
GB
I have MCSE 2000 and 2003 but one of my main failings is my lack of hardware knowledge which is why i want to do this exam to test myself.

Can someone advise what is the current Server+ exam code I need to take to get this creditiation?

The website shows the following 2 codes:

CompTIA Server+ Exam 2005: SK0-002

CompTIA Server+ E2C Exam 2005: JK0-009

Not sure of the difference?

Also can anyone recommend a really good book for this exam

If you are a little weak in hardware, as you say, I don't recommend Server+ as your jumping off point. It is targeted at the technician with 2 years of SERVER experience. It is pretty heavy on scenario based troubleshooting. You may want to get your feet wet with one of the A+ certs.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETma,CSS,CFOS/T,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

I have been working with servers for 4 years so i understand the concepts well - I just tend not to do the hardware based side as much. I will prob find I know more than I actually thing I do.

Either way - do you know which exam code it is? I dont understand why there is 2 on the website.

The CompTIA E2C Program for Not-for-Profit Educational Organizations

The CompTIA Education to Careers (E2C) program provides IT educators and trainers the information, tools and resources necessary to help individuals enter the IT industry. E2C promotes success in the recruitment, training, certification and retention of IT workers worldwide.

I'm sure you'll want the CompTIA Server+ Exam 2005: SK0-002

Server+ Certification Bible by Trevor Kay
ISBN-10: 0764548093

Covers: Exam SKO-001 but there aren't many books that cover the revised objectives. The revision wasn't so much about new material as it was just cleaning up the exam. They did a good job of that. It is a well written exam now. the book is still good. You can pick it up used on Amazon for like $7. Grab the guide from CompTIA that covers the revisions included on the new exam. I think it is like $25. You will end up doing a lot of research on your own but that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back