Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2003 - New Default Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseger

Technical User
Jan 19, 2005
US
I am not a tech person but know what I need to do, just don't know how to do it. I have Server 2003 running DHCP. Server acts as router and hands out IP address to each clinet. IS comes through server to client. I am switching ISP and have a new default gateway, primary and secondary DNS. How / where do I change that on the server?

You set this up in the properties of your DHCP. Go to Administrative Tools>DHCP, in there you will see your scope and server options.

HTH

Marty
Network Admin
Hilliard Schools

SO my question is still the same, where do I enter / change the primary and secondary dns in the server for the new ISP? The LAN connection on the server contains a 10.0.0.x address.

In the DNS mmc.. go to "Start", "Settings", "Administrative tools", DNS icon, double click the icon, assuming the setting you need are the "forwarder", right click the DNS server properties ..you will see a tab call "Forwarders", you could add the IP address of the new ISP here, and remove the old ISP IP addresses. Not sure how you are setup, using "forwarders" is the general practice. Document any changes you make, so you can reverse them,if need be.

For DHCP, under options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back