Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2003 Network connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey7244521

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2006
US
I have Server 2003 box running Citrix Presentation Server 4.0, and keep having a network connectivity issue. Randomly the server will stop communicating to all other devices on the network. It looks like the server is recieving traffic but not able to send. I have already rebuilt TCP & Winsock, moved network connection to a 2nd on board NIC, replaced patch cables, switch, still have random connectivity issues. I can find nothing in the event logs except the following items that seem to be populated right after the loss of connectivity. Any help would be greately appreciated as i have been puling my hair out trying to locate the issue.
Event ID 4096
An unhandled win32 exception occurred in wfshell.exe [9004]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: Debugger could not be started because no user is logged on.
Event ID 4096
An unhandled win32 exception occurred in wfshell.exe [9364]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: Debugger could not be started because no user is logged on.
Event ID 26
Application popup: vsjitdebugger.exe - DLL Initialization Failed : The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

Does this always occur at the same time. Have you checked your NIC/server properties to ensure that you are using any power saving modes?

Unfortunatly it happens at random times, it may run fine for a few days, then problem. I have found no common factors or times. I just have the errors in original post just after the connection issue happens and can find no real info on that particular error. I did find quiet a few TID's regarding a similar issue with the wfshell.exe error and HP Printer drivers, so i am in the process of cleaning up and replacing all print drivers. I have also verified that all power managment is disabled for NIC and all other devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back