Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2003 DC, Can't logon locally 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecolombo

Vendor
Jan 19, 2005
US
I have just noticed that I can't longon locally on any of the 3 D/C's in the domain. If I demote the server(s), I can then get the local computer prompt and logon as an administrator. Is this normal?

No it is not. Make sure that your Admin ID has the log on locally right. verify that you don't have any policies that are blocking your access.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

I think what joecolombo means Mark is that there is no option to log on to the local machine on a domain controller.

That is normal, you can only log into the domain and not the local machine on a domain controller.

Paul

MCSE 2003

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

Paul,
That is exactly what I mean. On the DC when I press ctrl-alt-del, I only get a domain logon, not a local logon and domain logon.
Thanks.

Thanks Pat, I thought Joe could not log onto the DC at the console VS remote login via TS.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back