Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

NA22

MIS
Oct 29, 2003
US
I am receiving this error message on several computers.
"Login Failure - Target account name is incorrect"
or
"System cannot log you on to this domain because the systems computer account in its primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect."

I have received this on @12 computers in the past couple of days. All passwords are correct, and I can see each of these computers from the server. I can get to each computer.

If I take them out of the domain and then put them back in they are okay. But I have 3 machines that this seems to happen to every day. I am able to ping the server from the workstation I can get to email server and the database programs but not the network files.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

do you have more than one Domain controller in place???
if so, maybe something is failing and the server has an operations master role....? PDC emulator maybe

what do you have in the way of servers and DCs ?

I had this kind of problem at a customer once, it was a bad switch...

We replaced it and the problem never came back...
At the time we were actualy looking at an other problem. One of the workstation was very slow, the connection LED on the NIC was going on and off at a 5 second rate... loosing its connetion.

we replaced the card and drivers, changed the cable and patch cable did not work. we replaced the switch... the problem was fixed and so did the login problem for everyone else...

Thanks to everyone for there advice.
My 2 domain controllers were not fully replicating so once I demote one all problems were resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back