Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SERVER 2000 CRASHES CONSTANTLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCB99

Technical User
Oct 5, 2006
US
I am running windows 2000 server & sql 2000

When Iaccessthe sqldatabase from any computeron my network it is OK.

BUT if I try to do anything on the server like run a program, install a program move a file or do backups the server either shuts down or stops responding.

I get differnet messages such as event 51 logged hundreds of timesin the event log. (when I reboot this disappear.)

Any Ideas.

Have you run the Windows Repair from the install CD? There may be a system file corrupted, that would replace it. But be careful, if you insert a CD with a different SP thatn the version you are running, it may cause problems. Are you getting a blue screen? If so, what error?

I do not usually get ablue screen.
I have not run repair.

I get a message most times that is UNKNOWN HARD ERROR
and I press OK to clear it and it keeps coming back. I cannot clear it fast enough to allow me to do anything else so I have to shut the system down.

It happens when I try to access anything on the system (except the SQL database)

I had somthing similar once. I did a disk scan and it repaired some errors, then things were ok for a while. It seems that some system file was corrupted, but not beyond repair. Unfortunately the problem returned then the drive failed soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back