Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Series 7 IWR Prompt Validation on Blank Type-In Fields 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenmcgin

Technical User
Aug 5, 2002
US
We're in the process of upgrading from Series 6 to Series 7 and have run into an IWR prompt validation problem in Series 7. It seems that you can no longer leave a type-in prompt field blank, where in IWR 6.0 you could. A number of our reports are prompting for example, if all companies should be queried, Yes/No? then a blank type-in prompt field is available to type in a company name if they selected 'No.' If I set the prompt to be blank (space) versus null, the results are inaccuate, as the filter is written using 'contains'. e.g. ?All Companies = 'No' and Company Name contains ?CompanyName? and I cannot trim the leading space off of the typed in prompt value.

Does anyone know of a way to turn off the IWR prompt validation for type-in prompts that are blank?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Jennifer

I started a new thread regarding the same problem not realizing that you had started one already. We are also facing the same problem and we need to go live starting next week with our upgrade. Could you let me know if you were able to solve this problem ASAP? my email is jdevulap@strong.com

Thanks

We have this identical issue to resolve. Many of our published IWR reports have elective prompts that will not execute in V7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back