Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

series 1600 subnet configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeKpHrEaK

Programmer
Jan 13, 2000
US
Visit site
hi. i am still in the process of learning cisco routers. kinda thrown into this job the hard way. anyways, i am in the process of setting up our corporate website and have been having problems getting it so people from the outside can see the site. we have narrowed the problem (we think) down to the fact that the router's subnet mask is incorrect. how does one change the subnet mask on the router. we have a cisco 1601 series router. i have full access and priviledge mode to the router. anyone's help would be greatly appreciated!! thank u in advance!!

To do this you will want to enter configuration mode and then enter the interface mode.&nbsp;&nbsp;Example:<br><br>router&gt;enable<br>password:<br>router#conf t<br>router(config)#int s0<br>router(config-if)#<br><br>Then type the following with your info<br><br>ip address 10.10.10.10 255.0.0.0 <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;¦&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;¦<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Your IP&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Your subnet<br><br>This will designate that IP and subnet mask to that interface.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hope this helps.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Jason <p> <br><a href=mailto:jcusick@visto.com>jcusick@visto.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

LOL Already Am.<br><br>Jason <p> <br><a href=mailto:jcusick@visto.com>jcusick@visto.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back