Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serial Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedmt1981

Technical User
Nov 22, 2006
AE
Hi All
could you please help me with this issue

what is the command that get the HW serial number for the below equipment

1- Midrange V210, V240, V490
2- StoreEdge 3500

many thanks to you

Hi. I don't think there is one - see Thread60-378549 from some time ago. Things might have changed though...

I want to be good, is that not enough?

Go to SunSolve and download SUNWsneep2.5_R1.76.tar.

The program "sneep" will get the S/N.
This will work on the V240,V210 & V440. You will have to manually get the S/N for the 3500.

This is a package from Sun.

Interesting Tuka, thanks for posting.

I want to be good, is that not enough?

Tuka,

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe sneep can get the serial number automatically, you have to enter it and then sneep stores it in eeprom where it can be read subsequently using sneep.

dandan123

You are correct, the EEPROM will become a repository after you first enter the S/N by running sneep -s "S/N". It will eliminate making a S/N file!

Some or all the high end servers have their S/N avaiable available thur the frame with the sc commands.

I was checking on a V440 and I can see serial numbers of the components like power supply etc but not of the system itself, what command do you use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back