Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

serial numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

malshade

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
US
I've got some contract renewal to take care of. I'm switching the company I purchase the support from and the new company needs the serial numbers off of the units. I'd like to retrieve these numbers remotely. I tried sh ver but that didn't seem to give me what I want. Sh tech might have but the output from that command is so damn long who knows? Any ideas?

Could've gotten off my duff and got them manually by now but what fun is there in that?

Thanks.

The router does not know it's serial number, the only wat to get it is to check the label on the back or your purchase order....

Network Systems Engineer
CCNA/CQS/CCSP/Infosec

Give your new support company the old contract numbers. They will be able to add them to their profiles, open then up, and see all the supported hardware that they cover. It's a process that can be completed very quickly with Cisco.

Kurt

Hmmmm....that may depend on the model...my 2811 displays the serial # in show ver.

Also along with serial number of router you can get model # and ser # of installed wics via the show diag command.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back