Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

serial login to mx one server version 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BP128i

Technical User
Aug 2, 2009
AP
Hi Everybody,

Sorry for the stupid query, Is mx one server version 3.2 is having any serial login option, so that we can connect modem for remote login like other MD110 .

As I know we can not login serially to ESU . But any other special card can do the serial login job like NIU2.

My aim is to get remote login for Mx one server through dial up.

Or else what are the other options to get remote login.

Regards in Advance
BP128i.

Dear whosrdaddy,

Where is the RS 232 port in MX one server ( on which card) ?

Regards
BP128i

euh,
standard serial port on the ESU or the HP DL 360?
There is no board alternative like NIU in TSE

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Thanks whosrdaddy,

My query is , can we use dial up login from remote area to mx one application. So that we can configure/ maintain the server remotely. ( means I want remote dial up login options to mx one server )

Appreciate the feedbacks.

Regards/ BP128i

that's what i'm trying to tell you.

hook up a modem to the serial port of the MX-ONE Telephony server. install agetty rpm package on the server, configure it and that's all.

/Daddy

Daddy,

I've haven't used the agetty, is there any difference to mgetty? Is it the same thing then?

BP128i,

There is a post maybe a page or two back with a work through of the mgetty configuration. When you mention the application servers do you mean, C.M.G. Solidus OneBox? I'd recommend netviewer however the teamviewer app is alittle faster. Depends on the license fee's your co. is willing to purchase.

I hope any of this helps.
Best Regards
Multivits

Thanks for the information Daddy..

Multivits,

As I understood from the above guideline from you , that the serial login feature is again license based in MX TSE.

Further more my aim is to remotely login to TSE via dial up modem.

Any other options please other than Teamviewer.

Regards
BP128i

Dear Multivits,

Or else is there any option to connect USB modem for login to mx application.

appreciate the feed backs.

regards
BP128i.

Multi,

mgetty is valid too, it's just another binary.

BP128i: simply connect a SERIAL modem to the serial port of your LIM1 ESU/DL360 and install rpm package agetty/mgetty and configure it (guides can be found on the net how to do this under SLES 10). this is not licensed and very simple to implement.

/Daddy

Thanks Daddy,

Normally we use putty application to login to TSE from local network.
Please let me know how can we login by dial up modem. Is there any special application like WINFIOL?

Best Regards
Sachin.

Sure you can use Winfiol, although you will have problems with terminal emulation (start yast and you'll see what I mean). A seconnd option is to configure your MXONE server as dial-in server (PPP). Here's a howto:

This means you can make a dialup connection from you windows machine and use Putty.

/Daddy

Thank you very much Daddy.
Will revert in case of any difficulties.

Best regards
BP128i.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back