Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serial Key Server Dongle Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

roscoepico

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2005
CA
Having trouble with the Key server recognizing a serial dongle. Apparently this dongle worked in a test environment. Are there any special settings that need to be done to the serial port?

The serial dongle connects to the back of the SOE 406V2 and 412 and you don't connect it to the PC with the Key server.

Once conected to the 9 pin serial port reboot the system and add your licences and check they are valid. If this fails check you have the correct keys with the correct dongle number.

[cheers]

Arrr

I have put it on a 403 with a 9 to 25 adapter and it worked in a test set up but am unsure it is offically supported.

May pay to talk to your reseller and migrate the Dongle to a USB or Parrallel

[cheers]

Thanks for the info..
We did have a parallel dongle but not many servers come with parallel ports anymore and we upgraded our hardware. I thought we could overcome the issue by putting in a PCI parrallel port card but of course that is not supported and the dongle isn't recognized. I think I may have to go USB or with all of the issues I've had with the 403 system I may get them to upgrade me to a 406. The dongle has been nothing but headaches along with the IP Office system overall.. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

The Dongle s often under estimated in its importance in the over all system if it stops allsorts of things stop.

I think the new serial dongles along with the new 406V2 SOE hardware will make the licence key server a thing of the past.

It’s disappointing to hear you have had a bad run with the IP Office. We find the problems can be solved if managed correctly by the support company and customer and if a software bug issue AVAYA have support in this are.

[cheers]

Don't forget to clear the IP settings for license server in Manager if you are using a serial dongle.
The fact that 19" server has no parallel port has lead to the release of the USB dongle, Small Office then made the need of a serial dongle neccesery.
I prefer the serial dongle on all hardware, even on the 403 were it is not official supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back