Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serenade v4.0.0-2 Networking Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrancis1958

Vendor
Oct 5, 2006
US
Hi everyone,

I can't find any specific documentation to this version regarding networking commands. I'm talking about diagnostic commands for analog and digital networking.

Forgive my ignorance on this version. I'm accustomed to using commands such as "te net <location name> 1" to test. I can't seem to use "log pr cpt" either.

Is there a command reference somewhere that someone can point me to? I haven't had any luck on Avaya website.

Any help appreciated.

Jeff Francis

Hold the phone for a second. I just got notified that the password i've been given may NOT be a maintenance password.

That might be the issue now...

Yes?

thanks.

Hi jfrancis1958

To check if you got the MAINT password, just do a PS at the @-prompt.
If you obtain the port status printout it was the MAINT psw.
///doktor

looks pretty much like it is a maintenance password issue. someone changed the maint pw and now we can't access...

Anybody know a way to sneak around (or recover) the maint password other than Avaya TAC (that's where we're headed next...) :(

There is no way that I am aware of, I wish I knew. When I used to do the sys admin training (some time ago now) I always emphasised that if the password was lost the system was as good as scrap!

I did hear that if you restarted the Octel with the top button on the CPU pressed it would reset the passwords (and maybe the entire system) but I never tried it as I assumed it was just one of those pranks like going for a "long stand" or an "extended weight" (wait)

Jonathan

With the Serenade, AVAYA can reset the password to default if you dispatch an on-site engineer.
This person should just press the reset "magic button" below the red reset/load button.
AVAYA can login through the build-in modem and reset the password.
///doktor

Anyone having Serenade Level 9 pswd experience can reset the password using the magic button on Rel 4.0. Releases below 4.0 must have the monthly code as part of the Level 9 password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back