Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sequence Generator generating alternate keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

smajay

Programmer
May 15, 2003
US
Hi,
Can anyone help me in resolving the sequence generator problem. Actually I am using sequence generator in mapping , the increment by specified is 1 but when I see the target table the value populated is incremented by 2.
For ex. the previous value is suppose 10 , the next value should be 11 but it is generating 12.
Hope u got the problem. Pls. reply if anyone knows answer to this.

Thanks

Ajay

how many targets have u connected from SEQ nextVal port?
if it is more than 1, then read informatica help documentation. it is explained how to handle such scenario.

SEQ generator is conncted to one exp. transformation but exp. tran. is connected to 2 targets. I mean to say the final targets are 2 but the nextval port is connected to single port in exp. transformation.

I think that you may have an update strategy that is failing to insert the nextval into one of your two targets. possibly dropping the instance of nextval with the failed row.

Hi,

Do you have any filter condition while inserting to the target table or is it only a direct move?

Have you tested your mapping by doing a fress load. Truncate all the records in your target. Do you still encounter the same problem.

Please let me if it still the same.

Rgds,
Jlito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back