Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seperate users in Active Directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selena1

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
Hi.

My company is planning to implement Active Directory using Windows Server 2003. We will have only one domain.

I want to limit (hide computers) users acces to other computers in domain. So for example, when domain users on their PCs go to MyComputer -> My Network Places -> Entire Network -> Microsoft Windows Network -> ExampleDomain.com they should see only computers in their Oranizational Units.
But as I know Organizational Unit in Active Directory are only for delagation of administrative rights and things like that. I even triedthis with OU, but users from one OU can see computers from other OU.

Is this possible using OU, GPO, groups or anything else?

Thanks

That list is a function of allowing NetBIOS over TCP/IP and has nothing to do with AD, so no it is not possible.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back