Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Separating groups while printing (trying to staple/collate each group)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmckee

Technical User
Mar 19, 2008
CA
Good afternoon, if anyone knows if this is possible please let me know.

Example:
I have 50 groups representing multiple countries.

I have one report which groups sales by Country.

I would like to staple all the Canadian pages together and in a different package staple all the U.S. packages together etc. The Printer has stapling capability. I have checked “New Page After Group” but currently it will print the 6 pages and staple all together not 3 & 3. Right now I have to drill down each group and print one by one.

Thanks for any help, Dave

Set a parameter to choose either US or Canada, print as two separate reports, which then will be stapled toghether.

As far as I know, Crystal will always view the ouput as a single document.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks for the quick response. I am interested in your comment re:set a parameter.

I have Crystal Reports Pro Version 11

Thanks in advance

The parameter approach suggested by Madawc requires a manual process whereby you run and print the report once for each country. That can be tedious.

If you need a fully automated process to burst the report and print each group as a separate print job in a single pass, at least one of the Report Managers listed at: can do this.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back