Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Separating Documents by Interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfraser

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
US
Wal-Mart has requested that our FA files be sent separate from other outbound files, but I am not sure how to accomplish this in Gentran - I can see where you can set the "max amount of documents per interchange" but I think this refers to the actual number rather than the type. Did not find any help on Sterling Knowledge base.

Thanks in advance for any help,
t

Fraser,

thanx for your input on my last problem, I will try and see if I can provide any help on yours.

First - Can you tell me how you what FA's you are sending ? Gentran is set up so it atomtically sends an Ack when and interchange has been recieved, I am guessing you are not interested in Ack's for the interchange.

Second - I don't have any experience with Wall Mart, but it could be that you switch on your group ack's which should ack each message. have a look at the info below

Acknowledge Group
Instructs the system to send a functional acknowledgement to this trading partner when you receive the group defined in this relationship. The default value for this box is not checked (do not expect an acknowledgement).

Note
This check box is dimmed (inactive) if the transaction set is an acknowledgement.

Thanks- I have the FA set up for doc level with errors- my problem is that Gentran piles up all outbound docs to that trading partner and sends in one ISA such that 810s and 997s might all be in one interchange. I want to know how to tell Gentran to have 810s be in one interchange and 997s in another interchange.

Ahhhhh, it sounds like you need to have a look at your Import system map. From my understanding, you need to import a flat file from xxx system, then you want to send say 810(ANSI Invoices) to you partner. The way I have set up our system sounds like what you need to do, I'll try my best to explain how our system works.

The system import map consists of 5 fields(I can mail this map to you if you would like), first field is the Partner ID(three characters added to the application code in your partner) this then references the cose to the partner. second standard X for X-12 and E for EDIFACT, third - Version, if you are using ANSI this will 004010 forth - the Transaction, this will tell you what message it is ie 810. and last T or P for Test or Production.

Let me know if this sounds as if it could help you.

Buzzbe

Buzzbe,
Here is what my import map looks like- not sure how this will tell Gentran to sort out the different doc types- do I need to add another field?

PARTNER_KEY STRING START POS 2 LENGTH 10
APPLICATION_ID STRING 12 10
APPLICATION_ALIAS STRING 22 10
TEST_PROD STRING 32 1

Partner key selects EDI code for partner key
app ID updates doc rec for app field 1
app alias updates doc rec for app field 2
test_prod updates doc record for test mode

I can see where Gentran plugs a "type" in such as 810 on a manual import but I guess it is reading it off the header record for that document rather than the import header.

Now I am all confused! ;-p

Sounds like you only need to add a version and then all you interchange problems should be over.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Buzzbe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back