Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Separating DIDs when calling out 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_F

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2018
US
What I need to be able to do in Avaya is have a user be able to select line “A” as outgoing caller ID as Company A and line “B” as outgoing caller ID as Company B. That way they can choose what caller id is presented based on the target of the call they are making. How do I go about this?? Is this possible

Thanks in Advance for your help
IPO 9.0.700.983

Shortcode.

0N, Dial NSxxxxxxx, 0

6N, Dial, NSyyyyyyy,0

Ok great I now have added both short codes to the users shortcodes to define each number... next question is how do I map this to the appearance buttons on the handset
I am looking to set A= as Company A
and C= as Company B

Untitled_gcaqkb.png

Did I set this shortcode correctly???... thanks for your help im new to this shortcode stuff

So juts to clarify I cannot choose a particular line out from the the phone menu and have each line represent a different DID??? Is there a way to do this
Im trying to call out with the option of using 2 separate numbers

Both numbers are listed in our ICR not sure if that matters... can I pick the number I am using e.g Appearance Line A is 555.1234 or Appearance Line B is 666.5678 when dialing out??

No, not with a appearance button.

Maye with a dial button that is dialling the shortcode 0 or 6 you created.

This because they' re did's not lines.

Okkie26
Thanks

derfloh
What is the MADN button and How would I configure it

Create a dummy user with CA buttons and create a user short code that sends the needed CLI.

On the real user's phone create a MADN button for the dummy user. Then use the MADN button instead of the normal CA button to dial out.

IP Office remote service Fixed price SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Thanks for all your help.... last question and i think we are good to go
How do I create the MADN button on the real users phone

Create CA buttons on the virtual user. Then create MADN button on the real phone. It will ask for the mapped user (the virtual one in your case) and if configured as MADN single appearance for the CA button (a=, b=) of the virtual user. If configured as MADN multiple appearance it should only ask for the user.

Just play around a little.

Merry Christmas

IP Office remote service Fixed price SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Got it... thanks for all your help

So i created a dummy user and created a MADN button on the real phone but when i call the dummy user it goes immediately to VM but ... if I log into a phone with the dummy user then... i can make and receive calls using the MADN Button I have programmed...
Is there a reason why I have to have the dummy user logged into a physical handset for this MADN button to work properly?

You asked for calling OUT with that DID not receiving calls :)

But if you want to also receive calls then create 1 group per DID, point the incoming call route to that group and put the user into the group that you want to ring.

Then you can still decide if you want voicemail on it or not and with VM Pro you can also create a "Leave" point and send it to another mailbox if desired.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

I am still unable to call out from the MADN (Bridged Appearance Button) when the virtual user "extension" is not logged into a physical handset... i get a weird fast flashing (green) appearance button and an odd high pitched tone.
If i log into another handset with the virtual user then all works fine i can use the MADN button no issue ... im not really sure why this is... its probably something simple... would someone be willing to remote in to my PC and take a look at things in IPO I would be willing to compensate you for your time if you would like... its just quite important that i get this working properly and it seems i am so close

I can provide you with a free remote sharing session via Zoom or Teamviewer to take a quick look
Thank you all for your help to this point.

I don't think that R9.0 had MADN it was simply bridge appearance and that would not work.

JUST CHECKED
MADN is available as of R10.1

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

OMG... I overlooked your version and didn't figure out that MADN is not available.

Then you have to use another dial prefix or log in as another user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back