Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

separating colors???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantzLitho

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
US
I have a Mac G4 which is running system 9.2. I received a Acrobat PDF file from a customer that is 2 color (black and pantone 032). When I send this file to separate as 2 color it comes out as 4 color? The black is separating into 4 color and the 032 is also separating. There is also a light tint box around certain areas of type? In Acrobat 5.05 with the Crackerjack extension I can use the eye dropper tool and see that the black areas are Black ONLY. Why is this document printing as 4 color and how can I change this?

Are you printing seps of the file striaght from Acrobat 5 of are you placing it into another program, ie. Quark, to print the seps out?

Tony Perkins

I am printing this file straight out ot Acrobat. I placed this file in Quark and output but it did not recognize the Pantone 032???

Thanks for your time.

Quark doesn't recognize spot colors in pdf's for some reason, other programs do though like Indesign, there is a way around that though. If you open the pdf in Acrobat and then export it from there as an eps then place the eps file in Quark the spot pantones will come in and then you can print separtions.

Tony Perkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back