Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Separate page for each Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

vani65

Programmer
May 19, 2003
AU
I got two cross tab (Query 1 and Query 2) reports on as single page, how can I get these on two different pages. Does I have to crater a separate page for each report or can I achieve this requirement through page break. Please explain me step by step.

The easiest way would be to assign each crosstab to it's own page, though I'm sure it should be possible using a page break..

Ties Blom

Agreed, another page would be the most straightforward way to do this. Add a new Report Page in Page Explorer and move your second crosstab there. You can use a Layout Component Reference (at least in ReportNet you can) to duplicate other page objects like headers and footers if you give them a name in the ID property, or you can simply copy them to your new page.

Hi guys,
Thanks for your advise, still I’m not sure how we can move second crosstab to new page. As advise:
1) I crated a new page (Page2)
2) and add “Layout Component Reference”
3) Gives me option to copy second crosstab to page 2

my understanding is this option is only reference to my original objects on page 1. It means page 2 crosstab remains as long as page 1 crosstab exist.

If I delete my “crosstab 2” from page1 the crosstab just copied is gone – it is looking for original objects (crosstab 2 from page1) which we don’t want on page1

The whole idea is to move crosstab2 from page1 to page2.
I’m confused please explain me in detail step by step.

Hi Guys!
I successfully moved crosstab2 from page1 to page2 – just cut and past from page structure view. When I try to print (PDF) the report (crosstab1 on page 1), same report printing on 10 pages instead of printing on one page. I tried to look at report pages option under page explorer, I got two page sets. Logically each page set should point to individual queries (in page set properties under Data – Query propriety). But in my case page set1 still pointing to Query 2, if I tried to change to Query 1 and validating the report it complains the following error.

RSV-VAL-0010 Failed to load the report specification. RSV-VAL-0021 The master-detail link is missing from the crosstab or chart.

Some one through some light on this – I want to print each report on individual pages.

AFAIK if you have one object on the page there is no need to associate a query to the page. Remove the associated query and check if this solves the problem..

Ties Blom

Sorry if I confused you by mentioning layout references, note that I was referring to other formatting objects on the page and not the crosstab itself.
Unfortunately Page Sets are beyond me as I'm still on ReportNet. I assume you do still need to have a query associated with the page if you are using any of its data items on the page outside of the crosstab...in many cases I've found things easier to maintain if I set up a separate query for "page items" (dynamic titles etc.) in a report rather than including them in the report's main query or queries.

Hi! If I'm in the Analisis Studio and I have two datamart on diferent level, can I build two cubes and build report
ageinst them on the same report.
Is it pocible!?
Thanks vary mach
ribula

You're pretty unlikely to get a helpful response by burying your question in an old thread on a completely different subject.
See what I mean? This response was no help at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back