Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

separate FAX line for DNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsheikh

MIS
Aug 8, 2006
US
Hi I am using BCM 200.
trying to setup fax . my scenario is as follow.

using PRI . got group of DIDs. want to setup a extention as well as fax for a sales person.

means 2 diff numbers 1 for ext/direct dial, second number for FAX.

ext is 224. and number is XXX-XXX-60001
fax will be XXX-XXX-60002
my target line is 253.

i have set up a mailbox with ext 224 ( type subscriber ).i put line 253 in Express messaging Line.

now what happens is when some called on fax number, it goes to set 224 rings 4/5 times and then go fax.

i dont knwo how to solve this . please advice accordingly.

regards,
sheikh

Do you have fax suite licence ?

so target line 253 should be for 60002
and 60001 should have its own target line

line 253 prime should be voicemail number
looks like you have the mailbox correct

It's only dialtone-VZ

ext 224 ( have line xxx-xxx-6001 ) target line 252.
working perfect.

mailbox 224 attached with ext 224.

now need fax ( separate line 253). i put 253 in express messaging line . but what happening is when some one fax, it rings ( 4/5 times ) on DN SET ( ext 224 ) . and then start receiving FAX.

i hope i am able to clear this time.

regards,
sheikh

set the PRIME SET on TARGET LINE 253 to the Voicemail DN. Insure this target line is not configured to ring on any sets.

--DB

Hi,
i did not find any configuration which states no ring . i got like ring only, display only, ring and display etc..

and also in my scenario. my DN and voice mail are same i.e. 224.

regards,
sheikh

The voicemail DN is the physical extension the where the voicemail is connected to the system. What you are meaning is that you have extension 224 and mailbox number 224.

To find the physical voicemail extension press feature 985. Then enter this extension as the prime set for target line 253.

--DB

There is no place to tell it ringing.un assingn it from the set 224. Set the prime set for line 253 to the VM DM. To find that press feature 985. Then in exp. Msg line set to fax only.
The way it works is depending on the version you have it will either ring in the mail box then answer and get the tone or answer right away.
DO YOU HAVE THE KEYCODE FOR THE FAX?

Thanks Guys it is wrking now. i was missing with VM DN with mailbox.
just to clear before giving VM DN i was giving mailbox # , so at that time call rings on EXT for 4/5 times then go to Mailbox and then it start receiving fax.

regards,
sheikh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back