Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sent Mail folder full error

Status
Not open for further replies.

1manedp

MIS
Sep 8, 1998
US
One of our staff members is getting a series of messages when sending an e-mail.&nbsp;&nbsp;The first indicates that it can't open folder.&nbsp;&nbsp;Clicking OK leads to that it can't open the Sent folder and then finally, another click OK notifies the user that the message has been sent but not copied to the Sent folder.<br><br>This person is running Netscape 4.72 on Win2K on a Pentium III.<br><br>Thanks.

I have gotten these error messages in the past, as well.&nbsp;&nbsp;The problem in my case was that I had set the preferences to put a copy of sent mail in a network drive, and I was not mapped to that drive.&nbsp;&nbsp;Changing it to put a copy on the pop server resolved it.

Thanks, hirakic.<br><br>It looks like this error message must refer to a number of situations where the Sent Mail folder is unfit for some reason or another.&nbsp;&nbsp;I was ab le to work around the error.&nbsp;&nbsp;I created a second profile using the profile manager and let Netscape create the new Sent Mail folder.&nbsp;&nbsp;I then copied all of the fils from the first profile (excepting the Sent Mail stuff) into the new profile.&nbsp;&nbsp;It worked great.&nbsp;&nbsp;(Of course, I went back and deleted the second profile in profile manager to avoid confusion)<br><br>One interesting note, however, is that the Sent Mail file in the first profile was a folder instead of a file, when viewed through Explorer.&nbsp;&nbsp;I suspect that this had something to do with Netscape hiccupping on it.<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back