Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sent Items getting deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clundey

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
US
Has there ever been any reports of items in the sent folder being auto-deleted to the deleted items? Or a condition that may cause this to happen?
I have a user that insists this is happening. AutoArchiving settings are configured to move sent items to the archive file per scheduled setings and thats it. there are also no rules on the inbox of any kind. I cannot find anything that may support the claim.

Using OL2K and exchange 5.5. Any help or insights here would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

Chris
Is there a Filter applied to the Sent Items Folders. Or has the box been unticked to save copies of messages in Sent Items ?

The tick mark to save a copy to sent items is checked. No filters applied that I can see.

The weird thing is that the sent items is mostly empty except for a couple msgs, and the rest of the items are sitting in the deleted folder.

I am encountering the same problem with two users. We are using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003.

After 10-20 minutes the messages just disappear from the Sent Items folder and are found in the Deleted Items folder. The only thing left in the Sent Items folder is Meeting requests.

I had cache mode enabled and I turned that off. The person has a Blackberry and we confirmed that Mailbox Wins is the setting for Email Reconciliation on the device.

No filters and the rules only work on the Inbox.

I am not sure when this started and I only have two people complaining. There are 6500 mailboxes in the organization.

Any help would be great.

thanks

I see that I am not alone with this problem.

There are no rules, no archiving, no Junk Mail.

I did a manual scan of the mailboxes to see if a virus was causing this. Nothing.

The workstation have been rebuilt. The user even has the problem on a different workstation with a new profile.

I have actually seen the messages disappear from the Sent Items folder and appear in the Deleted Items folder. It occurs periodically. Maybe every 15 minutes. The replies to meeting requests are the only thing left in the folder. So this implies that it is just looking at a specific type of mail object.

So far only 2 people are complaining of the problem.

Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003.

Any help is appreciated.

Bernadette

I had found some remnants of a palm pilot installation still running on the machine in question. Namely Hotsync and the chapura conduit on outlook. I have removed those and am just monitoring it to see what happens.

The settings on the blackberry were ok and are the same set on all the others.

time will tell.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back