Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sendto host is down 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainiom

Technical User
Sep 3, 2012
IM
I have set up a backup SCO 5.0.7 box for security and wish to copy active files from the production box once a week. This worked fine the first time I started the system but I switched it off until needed. This was today and it will not ping the router. System starts up fine and I have gone through all the normal checks as follows:-
ping 127.0.0.1 OK
ping myself 192.168.0.201 OK
ifconfig -a net0 up and running
netstat -rn route to router as default at 192.168.0.1 looks OK

Checked cable and switches link led lit at both ends and I have connected directly to the router to eliminate intermediate switches.

Thus I am stuck with sendto : host is down.
There are many google entries for this problem on SCO but they all seem to stop at this point and I repeat that it did work last week ):

jsm

Got it!!

After a frustrating night of research and trawl through posts over the years I found one where APL was helping somebody who assured him that the leds on the computer and router were both lit and all the setup was correct. However the computer had an ethernet interface on the motherboard and the RJ45 was plugged into that instead of the socket for the special SCO ethernet card. Bingo - snap. Changed the plug and away we go.
Hope this helps anybody else in same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back