Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SendObject not working in Win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneInMA

Programmer
Nov 3, 2000
US
We are starting to have our users converted to using windows 2000, and the sendobject code which worked fine in win 98 is now causing an error message. has anyone dealt with any such problems before.
Old code
DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatRTF, "Recipient", , , "Change Control Form updated", "Go check the database change control form, I just printed off a request", False

What version of Jet are you using? There is a Jet 4 sp5 for Win2000 users on the Microsoft site, Access 2000 updates. I'm not sure this will help but I would try it.

I believe that SendObject only works with Outlook(I could be wrong). What mail client is being used?

We are actually using Windows 95 with Microsoft Outlook 98 and Access 97. That combination works but bringing in Windows 2000 for two of our users now it gives an error. I am just unsure how to start to troubleshoot especially as Windows 2000 is being introduced slowly as our users change their computers due to lease renewal making us have to work with the two combinations at the same time. I hope this clarifies the problem, let me know if I need to examine other aspects.

JaneInMA

Can't provide you with the answer but I can give you some recommendations for troubleshooting the problem. You said that this did not work on two user's systems. I then assume that it works for some and not for others. It could be that some of your references got crunched during the upgrade. Check the reference libraries on a working system and compare with a non-working system. Just checking your tool\references when a module is open with tell you if you might not have a missing library, but I suspect this is not the case or you probably would have had a compile error and break into code.

Steve King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back