Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sendmail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

santoshdj123

Technical User
Jun 15, 2003
IN
i have configured sendmail for local network on my linux box. i checked smtp port by using telnet mail.server.com 25. it is showing me that sendmail is running ok. i can receive the mail in outlook express on one of the client machine. but i got this following error when i tried to send the mail to other user.
Here is the message.

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'sachin@mydomain.com'. Subject 'hi', Account: '1.2.3.4', Server: '1.2.3.4', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <sachin@mydomain.com>... Relaying denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

In the past I have had to add the LAN address to /etc/mail/access when I have had such problems.

EXAMPLE

192.168.0.10 RELAY

Should be added then run make within /etc/mail

Good Luck

It looks like you are trying to setup an SSL connection. I had the same problem. I wanted to setup a mail server at my domain name, but I wanted to be able to use the mail server if I was roaming. I found the article below on how to setup a Linux box to securely configure your mail server to allow roaming users. I have used it to successfully configure a couple of machines.

Best of luck.

No I am now trying to configure ssl for my mail server.
i checked the /etc/mail/access & /etc/mail/aliases file. they are ok now.
but still i am getting this error.

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'sachin@mydomain.com'. Subject 'hi', Account: '1.2.3.4.', Server: '1.2.3.4', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <sachin@dydomain.com>... Relaying denied', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back