Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sendmail on Solaris Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajeshsingh01

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
HELP !!!!

I have been trying to configure sendmail on solaris 8 ( Sendmail 8.11.6+Sun/8.11.6 ) and can't seem to get anywhere with my config changes.

How can I go about setting up sendmail to forward mail from domain xyz.com to mail.xyz.com and send everything else out to the internet ?

thank you.....

Check this thread --> thread14-319648 Are you asking the same thing?

ChrisP ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If somebody helps you, please click the link in the botton left hand corner that says "Mark this post as a helpful/expert post".

Not really, I am not trying to remap the addresses. I am only trying to route the mail based on the domain that it sent to.

Do you want to route incoming mail for xyz.com to another mail server? Where do you want to route the mail?

ChrisP ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If somebody helps you, please click the link in the botton left hand corner that says "Mark this post as a helpful/expert post".

Here is what I am trying to accomplish

Machine name: hosta.xyz.com

User on hosta sends email to user1@xyz.com. That mail should be routed to smart host mail.xyz.com

User on hosta sends email to user@some.host.on.internet.com
This email should be sent to the internet for delivery

Also the email address and the return path on the email should be changed to user1@xyz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back