Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Voicemail to Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyz

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2004
US
We have Voicemail Pro (latest version installed), and I setup department groups so a message can be left for that particular group.

I am using a shortcode that points to a record message, then goes to a generic FWD command for example: (FWD:5377#5352#5311##5371#5358#5314#5378#5313#5345#5376#5374#5318#5326#5324#5347#5323#5375#5327#5362#5364#5365#5367##)

This becomes difficult to manage. Any Ideas?

In the latest Intuity Mode Mailbox User Guide it talks about setting up personal distribution lists. It also talks about using Phone Manager to set up the groups. You could build a dummy mailbox and build lists in that mailbox. Just a thought.

With 3.2 you can enable groupmail broadcast:

Broadcast: Default = Off

If a voicemail message is left for the hunt group and Broadcast is enabled, copies of the message are forwarded to the mailboxes of the individual group members. The original message in the hunt group mailbox is deleted.

So, create a group with the wanted users in it, enable vm broadcating and youre done.
Quite managable!

Thanks that definitely sounds like a solution. I will test this.

Thanks!

Just for information the Broadcast option has been available on Group Mailboxes since V3.0

IP Office is available from version 1.0.5 ( first beta release outside Avaya ), but this is not the latest version...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back