Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Voice Mail from Intuity as Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo9

Technical User
Feb 11, 2004
US
I have a nice little Intuity that I set up Internet Messaging on last night and it sends test email through our Exchange server fine. I can also forward voice mail to any valid email address using Message Manager. That is all well and good, but...
What I need to do is automatically forward voice mail directly to a subscribers email account. Many people want this type of delivery since when they are out they check their email frequently but almost refuse to check their voice mail.
I know there is a field in the subscriber page for email address, but I have found no way to forward it on to that address.

Thanks.

you don't forward the message from the intuity, your email client has to go and get the messages from the intuity. you have to setup a POP3 service on your email client to go check the specific mailbox on your vm server.

we use outlook if you need more info on setting up a service for it.

thanks, tim

One thing to remember on this is that if you connect with Outlook as POP3 it will remove the voicemail from the mailbox. So it will only get it in the outlook. There is a setting on the outlook that you can check to leave a copy on the server then you can still get it from the regular voicemail box.

you can also add '/nomove' on to the end of your mailbox number in the outlook service and it will leave it as a new message.

thanks, tim

Hello,

I'am very interested in this feature.
What would be the username and password for the extensions?

Where can i get more informations.

Thanks.

BR. Avayavic

the username is the mailbox number and the password is whatever password is on that mailbox.

thanks, tim

Okay, i have this working now. Outlook even puts the POP mail from the Intuity in my mail on our exchange server so I can access it from anywhere (that was the goal of this excercise).
Now the issue is somehow the link to the player software is not getting included in the email. It did on the first test email I sent but none afterwards.

you download the player to the pc you will be checking the messages with. it then associates files with the .lvp extension to that program.

thanks, tim

tweege - Yes, That part I got.
The first message I sent as a test had a link included to download the player. Now the mail I get has no subject or body, just the attached file .lvp.

ok, i assume you downloaded and installed the player on your pc? if so, there should be nothing else to do. if it does not bring the player up automatically when you open the file from your email, you may need to associate the .lvp file type with the player program.

thanks,tim

Alright from this point on assume I have the basic skills required to listen to the .lvp files sent to my inbox. That is not the issue.

When/if I make this type of voice mail delivery available to other users I want to make sure the email they receive has a link in it to get the player. Also, if the link is there they can forward the email without having to worry about the recepient not having the player. The first test message I sent to myself had a link, now they do not. Does the server only provide the link once? Will I need to send a pre-emptive email providing the link after the user is set up?

gotcha. i don't know the answer to the vm server sending the link.....i just went to my vm server via a web-page and downloaded it. i have never had it send me link.

however, if you are forwarding a message from your inbox, you are likely not using the vm server to sned that message. so, it would not even have any way to know you were sending it to someone who didn't have the player. we set the player up on each pc that needs it.

thanks, tim

B09
your system should have a associated link with the web interface which you can attach to any email .. another method is that y ou can actually send an email to your box (intuity) and it should return an email with the files.. this is all on your intuity.. hit the help button when your in there(config weby) and you can read about there..

R/
BoBAz

Bo9

When you said "Outlook even puts the POP mail from the Intuity in my mail on our exchange server so I can access it from anywhere (that was the goal of this excercise)"

Did you configure Intuity to send the email? Can you share to the group on how this was set up?

Thanks.

no, the intuity does not send the email, your emial client on your pc has to go get the messages. that is the pop3 service we were talking about. let us know if you need help with that. your intuity does have to have the proper software rights to allow this though.

thanks, tim

As i posted in another thread, you need a 3rd party POP3 connector program to pull the messages from the audix system onto the exhange server..... this will let you use the exhange mailboxes, and NOT turn on POP3 access for exchange, which can be a security risk.

Two things to add as a heads up. 1. This is a client rule, which means if your outlook is not running on your pc it will not pull down the messages from vm. 2. The voice player is not compatible with any hand held devices so you cannot listen to the vm on your hand held because the file is lvp. and not a wav file

Can someone provide how to connect Outlook to the Intuity?

Johnsmith12 -

After looking anything that is moved to my Inbox in Outlook gets put on the server. We use cached mode, so I guess that is why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back