Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Traps Fails 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich71

Programmer
Dec 3, 2001
NL
Hi

I have a compaq server with Win 2000 sp 2. I have instaled the compaq Agents ver 5.3 but when i wand ti test the snmp trap button the following error comes up:"""The compaq Management Agents remote alerter agent has not finished initializing or is not enable"""""

The snmp service is instaled with the correct string and there is no fault in the win2000 Logs

Please HELP

Bye Richard

Start the "trap service" it´s probily set to manual and not started. Had the same problem.

If the above fix doesn't answer your question....

Are you using a Terminal Service Client to "click" the TEST TRAP button ?

If so thats you issue !

TS client is not supported with the Control Panel applet.

Physically go to the console, click the button.. Da Da

Cheers

Use the Compaq Management Agents applet under the control panel, this has a button which will send a test trap too the hosts specified in the host SNMP configuration.

Cheers

Hi,

found CPQ Web Agent, Foundation Agent, system Agent etc in the control panel.But none of them have the feature to send test snmp.

Pls advise. Thanks

Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel and open Compaq Management Agents. Click on the SNMP Settings tab. Click the button that says Send Test Trap. It sends out and 11003 Generic Trap. This is for CIM7. I am not sure on 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back