Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending sms messages from Acees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deekydoo

MIS
Jun 21, 2004
GB
Hi,

My client has got Office 2000 pro.

I have implemented emailing (Access 2000)from this system but now there is a requirement to output text messages to Cellphones.

Have you guys any clues about how to go about this? Googling etc seems to lead me nowhere.

Thanks,

Deek

Thanks for the link pwise..

Does anybody know the situation here in the UK? . The major SMS suppliers in the UK include Vodaphone, O2, Orange. I presume that I would have to open an account with one of them in order to start sending texts. Any more info about how to go about this would be most appreciated.

Deek

You dont need a account you just need to know to what email domain to send to

I've got the various cellphone domains etc and tried to send emails to a couple of cellphones, without success.

Just now I am looking at an SMS gateway company called Kapow which seems to be what I need.

Thanks Guys

Deek

perhaps you can share with us the domain names of the UK carriers

Thanking you in advance

Pwise

Sorry for delay pwise I have been struggling without effect to get onboard RAID going on a cursed Asus mobo.

Domains are listed here:

The UK carriers are the last set.

I couldn't get O2 or Vodaphone to carry my emailed text to the Cellphones I have. I didn't bother to try the rest as I need to be able to 'text' to any cellphone using email.

Deek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back