Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending reported error 0x80040201

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyjoey

Technical User
Jun 6, 2005
US
I have uninstalled and reisnatlled Office, deleted my profile and still when I try to send from my POP 3 account...I get this error.

Can anyone help??

Thanks!

-Joey

Found this on another forum may help

"What I found was that Outlook still had some Exchange adresses in ' it's memory' and the message to be sent included an exchange adress, whereas exchange was not being used anymore.

This could happen on systems which have used Exchange but have changed back to POP3 E-mail delivery.
Checking the to-be-sent messages is the key, remove the adresses that are exchange adresses and substitute them with the real POP E-mail adresses.
"

David Lerwill
"If at first you don't succeed go to the pub"

That is exactly my issue. We were on Exchange and went back to pop. Where do I find the to-be-sent area? I see the outgoing, but the emails are just sitting there. When I delete them, they just pile up again from new composed emails.

thanks so much.

-Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back