Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending report output by Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahatmt

Programmer
Jan 28, 2003
US

I know you can use the SendTo command in the Reports/File menu to send a report by Email, but this does not appear to send the report exactly as it appears in the report viewer.

For example (when using a RTF format), lines are not shown. Also, the company symbol shown as an image on the Access report is not displayed.

Do you know of another way to send a report by Email that will include all of the formatting?

Thanks,

Mahatmt

Save the report as a snapshot (.snp) before emailing.

Saving as .SNP requires the recipient to have the SnapShot veiwer, right? Is there any other way?

Mahatmt

If they have Office 2000, it's already installed.....what version are you working with?

You can also output to PDF if you have the PDF writer. Almost every PC in the world has Acrobat Viewer. Regards
Warwick

Thanks Wocca.

I did end up going with the Adobe Acrobat reader option. There are several free or low-cost converters and the Adobe Distiller (more costly) available.

Thanks for responding to my post.

Mahatmt

Mahatmt,
Maybe you could help me now. I would like to output reports in PDF format also. What were some of the freeware, lowcost, converters you refered to in your post. I tried to find some on the web but had no luck.

GMurf:

I am at home and do not have my Notes with me on the products. I have tried PDF995 ( I am not endorsing any product but this one inetalls and works easy.

You can use it free with pop-ups or pay a small fee (about $10 for a single user). It works by selecting PDF995 as the printer from the File | Print menu.

There's a great tool called ACG Soft PDF & Mail Library for MS Access by ATTAC Consulting Group. I think I found out about through this website, but their website is I paid about $50 but have found it well worth it. You can very easily automate the process of not only creating the PDF file, but also sending the email using VBA.

I have red somewhere that snapshot (.snp) file format can be opened with Internet Explorer.

Have you tried this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back