Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Outlook Email 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

romh

Programmer
Jan 3, 2003
US
I know that there are 90 posts on the send-email from access database, but I could not find the answer to this one. I am sending an email from access but have noticed that the email is not sent if you have Outlook closed. It stores the email in the outbox. I have to open it and manually send the items in my outbox. I need to automate the whole process without having Outlook open all the time. Is it possible?

Thankyou

Hello romh,
Absolutely! Check out this thread: thread705-475296. None of the methods that I posted required Outlook to be open.

Though I think that your problem is probably a flag or an option that has not been set properly either in Outlook, or in the code.
Good Luck, Robert
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Professional, affordable, Access database solutions and assistance °•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Hi, I followed the code on the post that you sent me, but I have the same problem with both the Outlook object and the DoCmd.Sendobject method. The email stays in the outbox until I open Outlook. I cannot find any option in Outlook that automatically sends outbox items. Thanks for any help

romh

Thanks for all the help. That web site is very useful. I solved my problem by doing the following in case anybody has the same problem. You have to Open Outlook and go to Tools -> Options ->
Mail Delivery and click where it says (Send Messages immediately when connected). If you are connecting via a LAN, then the mail will be sent automatically disregarding if outlook is open or not. Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back