Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Outbound CallerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaniello

IS-IT--Management
Dec 21, 2004
US

I know that it is possible on an IP Office system to send the phone number of the DID an outbound call is originating from, but is it also possible to have the IP Office send the name of the extention on the DID or the company name?

V/

yes it is, your short code should look something like this.

(9)xxxxxxx
NS"company name "xxxxxxxxxx
Line group 0
Dial

Scenario 1

Users of a PRI/DID want clients to see only one main number. Send caller ID of main trunk number when out calling.
Adjust the [9]N; short code
Default telephone number value is N

Change to Nsxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx is the main trunk number.

If this does not work change the telephone number to

Nsixxxxxxxxxx
The i is stands for the National format.

Additional information
If they hare having trouble getting the outgoing calls to send out the desired caller id they can add Y to the Short code as follows:
Short Code Telephone Number Feature Line Group
[9]N; NsY8642864701 Dial3K1 0

Scenario 2
You can also use it with the 864286e to send the station number.
That will cause the system to output the number placed after the Y and the LECs for the most part will accept that as a number. Of course some LECs require that the true line identification is the only thing they will send.

Our phone system is setup in Scenario 2, we are displaying the station number with outbound CallerID. The problem is, though, that we are not seeing the company name displayed on the outbound caller ID.

Our installer is not able to get the system configured to send the company name with the number.

I gave him the info above:

(9)xxxxxxx
NS"company name "xxxxxxxxxx
Line group 0
Dial

and he still wasn't able to do it.

Is there any other documentation that I can provide to the installer to show him how to set this up.

Thanks.

V/

I just love customers who know more then the techs

I wish I didn't have to go through this, but for now this is the situation I am stuck with.

V/

Your Tech may have it correct and the phone co not supporting that feature, You could run monitor to prove you are sending it out to telco

The tech told me that the IP Office can not send out the name for Caller ID, just the number. This is what prompted my initial inquiry.

Verizon is telling us we need to send the name in order for the company name to show up on the outbound CallerID.

V/

IP Office can send the Caller I.D. I'm using this in 3 known locations with the scenario I showed you. Also, all 3 locations have the same service provider. One location in Iowa two in Colorado. Works great. Also do they want this for local, long distance, or do they dial a ten digit dialing sequence for a local call? Ragnorak is right depending on your signally it can be done multiple ways. This is all documented in the IPO Toolkit.

IPinIowa,

Is there a certain software level that is required for sending out the name on caller ID? Are all of your IPO's the same release?

IPinIowa,

This is for local and long distance calling and a ten digit dialing sequence is used for dialing local calls.

V/

Gibsonic,

I am running 2.0(16) in one location and 2.0(18) at the others.

Vaniello,

In what you showed me you gave the customer to try and since they dial 10 digits for a local call you would want the SC to look something like this,

Short Code: (9)xxxxxxxxxx
Telephone Number: NS"Customer Name "5555551212
Line Group: 0
Feature: Dial

If that doesn't work have them put a ";" at the end of the x string to show the dial string had ended.

In the case of the long distance try,

Short Code: (9)1xxxxxxxxxx
Telephone Number: 1NS"Customer Name "5555551212
Line Group: 0
Feature: Dial

Also in the case of the above it it does not work try the ";" at the end of the x string.

-jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back