Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Name Display (and don't want to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcooney

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2005
US
First, I apologize that I may have sent a similar question to this one before, but I was unable to locate it when I did a search on the site.

We have two PRIs that appear to be configured exactly the same on our side (as far as the route and the ADAN D-channel info are concerned). Not sure if I should be looking somewhere else. One of the PRIs sends name and number to the distant end and one sends only number. We would like both to send only the number. Although I think the carrier has the issue and they have indicated the PRIs were provisioned with different protocols (one with NI1, the other ???). However, I don't see where we provide this on the Nortel side --- assuming they need to match.

The carrier indicated I should check LD 16 to see if we could block. I suppose it is possible that we are sending both name and number on both and the CO is blocking on one and not the other. If this is possible then maybe the fix is within my control. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

In LD 16, I came across
NCNA (YES) NO Network Calling Name Allowed

In some documentation I located something indicating I could suppress calling name display with CPP as a FFC or not allowing NDS (Name Display Services), but not sure this applies as although my ADAN info has NDS for the RCAP prompt, it has D100 for the IFC (thinking maybe the name display stuff works if IFC is NI2).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

look at the rcap on the d for each.. ld 22 prt adan dch x.. those may be different..

or go to 96 and do a enl msgo x on each d to see if maybe they are both sending and one is having them screened via a provider

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for your response.

I had already checked the RCAP -- it is ND2 on both.

With regard to your second suggestion, I am looking for a little clarification: are you suggestion to enable the messaging to see if I am passing both on each and then I would know for sure the provider is blocking on one? Will I actually see the CPND name when the call goes out?

jmcooney to lookup your previous questions, just ckick on your own name and then threads you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back