Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending multiple NameTag Hunt Groups to one mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

db5

Technical User
Sep 1, 2014
AU
So I had a bit of a weird one the other day. Had a customer who is in the business of renting managed office space. due to the fact that they have more than 60 incoming numbers which need to be handled and answered uniquely by the receptionists we set the DDI's as nametag hunt groups to pass the customers name through to the MiVoice Business Console and in turn the receptionist would be able to answer accordingly.

The problem came in when they wanted some customers who were only answered by reception to go to a single generic mailbox.

The way I've always done this is by creating a nametag HG e.g *1000 where 1000 is the mailbox. I then call forward always *1000 to vm and divert any number which needs to hit the mailbox 1000 to *1000. All works fine.

Tried this for the above scenario and no chance. Could not get the correct mailbox to answer without having the DDI number I was calling associated to the Mailbox. What I did find the calls kept getting to the operators mailbox but have no clue how it was reaching mailbox 0.

In the end I changed all the programming of the DDI HG's to Voice HG's and was still able to pass the customer information to the receptionists.

Once a Nametag, Always a nametag

Once a nametag has been applied to the call it is maintained throughout the call and applies to VM integration

It might have worked if you had made *1000 a nametag

I avoid nametag if at all possible for this reason

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

*1000 was created as a nametag HG, but looks like it held the DDI from the previous nametag.

The weird thing was how it found its way to the operators mailbox.

But at least its all working now.

The first nametag is the one that all the VM integration is mapped to. There can be 10 in a call flow and the first will always be the one used for vmail boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back