Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending mail to groups in R5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasnorway

MIS
Jul 13, 1999
NO
I work at a school in have just installed a mail Domino/Notes 5.04 server. Have not given all staff access as of yet just the administrators for a try out. To enable admin folks to email the rest of the school I have created an address book with thier non-notes email addresses. I have also created groups. I placed a copy of the book on the server so people can have a bookmark to it. When accessed you can write a memo to a single person or several if you select more than one. However, if you select a group it states that "(address book name) not found in any name & address book" and fails. I can perform this task from my computer, I even have connected to the address book on the server to see if that was the issue. No matter where I connect I can send mail out to groups, no one else can. I have tried modifying the permissions. At a complete lose, anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Allen Smith

I think you have created the group on your personal address book on local. Please check this.

Thank
Subhash@lnjb.com

I think you have crated group in your personal address book on local. please check this.

Subhash@lnjb.com

I did indeed create the address book local. I subsequently copied it to the server, so
that others may access it. I presume that it does not work like this. (I had given another
user the same rights that I had listed on the Database, made no difference). If this is not
the appropriate thing to do, can you tell me the correct measure or direct me to a good
source to learn about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back