Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sending mail in specific folder i.e. "draft folder" of outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

adcounsel1

Programmer
Jan 27, 2005
PK
Dear All

I have developed an application in vfp6 for sending mails with the help of my previous threads, Mike help me alot. I want to send the mail into the draft folder of outlook instead of outbox because some operators have configured the outlook to send mail immediatly instead of going into outbox.

I want mail automatically send to draft folder, operator can modify then send it.

Pls expedite....

Thanks

Hashim

Hashim,

Well, when using Outlook manually, you would click the Save button to put the message into the draft folder.

I suggest that if you were to save the message with automation, the same thing would happen.

Hope that helps,

Stewart
PS If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

To reinforce Stewart's point, the following will do exactly what Stewart describes.
Code:
o = CREATEOBJECT("outlook.application")
omsg = o.CreateItem(0)
omsg.Save

The message ends up in the draft folder.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks Mike

I have try this, but it save the email in inbox instead of draft folder. I m using outlook 6.

Pls expedite...

Thanks

Hashim

Thanks Mike

I have try this, but it save the email in inbox instead of draft folder. I m using outlook 6.

Pls expedite...

Thanks

Hashim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back