Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Information On a Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

progfox

Programmer
Jun 15, 2003
IN
Dear Sir,

I wanted to know that Can we send a set of information retreived form DBFs to another computer. Or Say If I updated some information ( the data is lying on the server )
and I want let a concirned person know that I have updated and he can start his part of work. I want "netsend" sort of utility here in foxpro and when the accept the info I must be confimed that he has accepted the info.

Well I f we can do it in foxpro then please guideme.
Please tell me how

Thanx & regards

Chandan

just a suggestion why dont you automate sending an email

your help and advice is appreciated

Hi Chandan,

The exact scenario is not known.

This can be one idea...

1. Consider havins users file with fields from ..
UserFrom, UserTo, Message or whatever
2. Have a timer in your form class and
set the timer interval for every minute or every 30 seconds. (The interval value is in milliseconds).
Make the imer event, look for UaerTo == CurrentUser of that terminal.. and then read the message value or whatever. If that is = .t. or whatever, delete that record and then start your wanted event

3. In the user who is pre doing the requirement, set this records in users file.

SO this will become universal and anyuser terminal can set the value in the users table and create a recoprd for another user and the other users timer event will take care of this.

If you are not happy with the above suggestion,
Check in the forum for a thread on.. keyword.. CHAT
Probably that can help you.

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G)

Dear Mr. Ramani,

As U told the exact scenario is not very clear. Well as U know previously I was doing a project on Inventry Control System. The working of the Store is like this.......

1. Indents(Requisition) comes in.
2. Stock for particular Request is checked.
3. If stock is enough then the items are alocated else
4. The request is passed to the Purchase Department.

Now What I want to do is ..

1. As soon as a user generates an Indent and Saves that (In technical words we can say a record is added in Indent master database) A message is flashed in the Store's Computer knowing them that a new request has comes in.
2. And When the store's user clickes say 'OK' button a form will appear containing all the respective details of the "Indent".

Resources: All the computers are connected through the network and the database is centralized.

Sir, I don't want to use E-mails

If its possible in foxpro then Sir, Please suggest me How?

Thanx & Regards

Chandan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back