Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending info in block modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

edhulse

Vendor
Jun 30, 2008
US
I'm writing a script to log into a phone system and change the time. ( Time change is coming )
anyway, I have it done for the AVAYA G3's older than R6
and the Meridian/ Option that DST was not set up.

and I can do the Hitachi HCX if it's got SYS message
but if it old and on the CMAT port I hit a Block mode connections. that I cant get past.

how do I get PROCOMM to talk in Block mode.
I 'm trying to send , a SEND command ^Ao^M but once I get past the 1st screen and I'm on the login screen the connection changes to Block mode.

any ideas ?

both.

once I'm past the initial screen in the Hitach HCX/ PBX
it switch's modes to Block mode and I can't get it to respond.

All I'm looking for is a way to talk to this thing in block mode. Procomm does not seen to do this mode as a native setup. full duplex and Half duplex are possible,
but not block.

I did a little Google searching and am wondering does block mode refer to file transfers, or is it still "typing" just in a different manner? Do you have another application that can speak in block mode, and what is it called if so?

We use a free program called CMAX that Hitachi had writen for it. previously we used a DOS program called Softerm.

the Maintenence ports on a Hitachi PBX are serial.
and are in Block modem. not full duplex modem.
so the entire screen is what is retransmited each time a change is made in a programing screen.

the maintenance terminals are also no longer available from Televideo or from link ( they just don't make dumb terminals that do block mode anymore.)

Do you happen to know what terminal emulation CMAX uses when connecting to the system? I wonder if this might be an issue with selecting the correct emulation in Procomm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back