Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending html email to hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

keysol

Programmer
Feb 27, 2001
CA
Hi,

I'd like to send promotional email to my clients. Already, I've created a message in Dreamweaver which I succeeded in integrating into my Outlook email message and sent it to myself (Outlook 2002) and my hotmail account. It shows up well in Outlook but in Hotmail it's simply text.

What do I need to do to insure that all recipients, regardless of their email software, receive my email displayed as a web page?

Gerr

I don't use Hotmail, but several of my web-based accounts disable html email as a default, so the short answer is you can't guarantee the format.
In the past I always sent html emails with mime alternative text, including a link to an online html version of the promotion/newsletter/etc. See: Sending HTML and Plain Text E-Mail Simultaneously for one explanation.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

The thing is I already receive html emails to my hotmail account and they display perfectly. So I suspect that the problem is due to the way I'm configuring my html file that I am incorporating into my Outlook application.

I made several tests sending the email to my hotmail account and in only one test was I able to display the body of the email in full html (colour, font, size) but the images did not display.

And,,,,, I don't know how I managed to get that partial success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back