Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending from Hotmail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1982

Technical User
Jun 13, 2001
GB
Hi,

I run my own mail server for personal use from the comfort of my ISP connection at home... As of today, emails send from hotmail are generating errors...

I dont see why this is a spam issue, as its going from hotmail, to my own server, as opposed to the other way around... So any help greatly apprecated.

I have checked various google items, but they only seem to refer to incomming spam, where as this is outgoing from hotmail.

Thanks, signed Confused... AJ

Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc2-s11.bay0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY142-W15
Arrival-Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 04:03:38 -0800

Final-Recipient: rfc822;me@myserver.co.uk
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 Transaction Failed (650058837:169:-2147467259)

===

AJ - (Formerly FatmanSuperstar)

AJ

So you are sending from hotmail to your exchange server. What bounceback message are you getting?

Hi, yes thats correct its FROM hotmail to my own server. I have left the failure report in the previous message.

Cheers

AJ

===

Is this your machine?

Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY142-W15

No it isnt. This is sent from hotmail web.

Cheers

AJ

===

What has changed recently ?

Does dnsreport.com give any pointers ?

Nothing changed on my side, and can send to my own domain from other email services without issue. Its a weird one.

I think its hotmail stamping down on Spam again, as I had an issue with hotmail reciving from my own domain, had to change the relay... Dont know why they would stop me sending to a doamin though... Puzzling.

===

do a report on dndreport.com. Are there any mail related errors ?

Hi, ive got no subscription to do this im afraid :(

===

Oh.

Try mxtoolbox.com, do the test and diagnostics. It is very basic, but will tell you if your rDNS is good, which is always worth excluding

Shows as all ok, im on quite a few blacklists, but that should only affect sending from, not too :S My IP is a Dymanic ISP one... AJ

===

Hi,just to add i host other domain names, and its only failing for one of them, with the above message... any help apprecaited greatly. Thanks.

===

Ahhh thats a relief, thanks TCARobb :) Guess I will just hang out and wait for MS on this then... Fortunately I have a spare domain name that works, just frustrating as the working on is my preferred one (Dont ask why i got so many domains lol)

cheers much

AJ

===

Yay, some few days later looks like Hotmail finally sorted it out lol, Cheers Robb for the pointer links. AJ

===

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back