Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SENDING FILE THROUGH TCP/IP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

srkss

Programmer
May 24, 2001
IN
Hi to all,
i have a peculiar problem..what i need is that i want to transfer files in a LAN network to a user who is listening at a particular port without his knowledge..i dont mean to hack into a computer....actual thing is that in an office environment..the management would like to install something on its users to monitor the user's activities without the consent of the user...Can it be done???

Hi

Technically yes
Legally No ( at least in Europe ....)

Any control you do on a computer can be done if the user knows that you control the computer activities...

Technically, sending files with TCI/IP is easy. Just check the samples on MSDN. The samples use something like CMsg class with which you can send basically what you want.
Now controlling what the users do maeans hooking somehow with Windows. This is the hardest part of the job, is it ?

HTH

Thierry

Hi,
Thanx for the reply....Well atleast in administrator login can the files be sent without the consent of the user???
If so, can u explain how it can be done

the basic idea is to check each user's computer as to whether any program is installed without license and to monitor his activities..

Thank you,
Bye

hi tgm,
i think that would be very useful for me...thanx for the help....

Regards,
srkss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back