Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending external mail from Mac OSX is driving me mad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJParkinson

Technical User
Apr 11, 2003
GB
PLEASE can somebody give me some answers:
[blue]
router / firewall out to the world...

NT4 Domain / Exchange 5.5 sp4 / MSProxy 2
192.192.192.x

router in between (192.192.191.x -> 192.192.192.x)

Mac
192.192.191.x
[/blue]
From Mac can browse the internet send & receive internal mail (from both networks) & can receive external mail but cannot send external !!!!!!

Have been through just about all combinations of settings that I can think of, (but probably have missed the important one!) - Can anyone give me some pointers? will recheck whatever is suggested.

Many Thanks in advance...

Your server may have required authentication to relay external mail.

You can enter authentication credentials in the Logon Information under Outgoing Mail Server authentication when the workstation is mobile.

Or you can allow relaying for your internal ip subnet since this Mac is in-house.

Thanks for the reply dennisbbb,

Under the routing restrictions (Routing tab - IMS Properties/Connections), "Hosts & clients that successfully authenticate" is checked, plus "Hosts & clients with these IP addresses" is checked with 192.192.191.x - 255.255.255.0 etc specified.

Still no joy with this. Do I need to set something else?

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back