Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending email with RichTextBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimtp

Programmer
Jun 15, 2002
US
Have a database with about 500 names with email addresses. Also have a form in VB6 with a rich text box to compose letters. Ideally, I would like to compose a letter and then email it to all who have emails in the database. The RTBox has several icons such as Save, Delete and several formatting icons. Could easily add an email icon.

Any ideas on how to would be great.

Thanx.

Kim

check planet source code, got alot of projects invloving mail ( site currently down so i can't point u to a specific one)

There are numerous code examples and pointers in this forum - use the Search tab at the top of this panel. There are also 2 faqs on email from VB. You could also do a search on the forum for Redemption and VBSendmail

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Many thanks for the pointers. Downloaded vbSendMail and am in the process of trying to make it work.

Further to vbSendMail. It works for me when the RecipientEmail.text is filled. However, when I try to do the bulk mail part as outlined in the doc supplied, the program can not find the RecipientEmail. Here is what I have so far:

Code:
If .Connect Then
    Do While Not rs.EOF
        For lCtr = 1 To lCount
            lblTime = "Sending message " & Str(lCtr)
            .RecipientDisplayName = rs!email
            .Recipient = rs!firstname & " " & rs!lastname
            .Subject = txtSubject.Text & " (Message # " & Str(lCtr) & ")"
            .Send
        Next
        rs.MoveNext
    Loop
    .Disconnect
    rs.Close
End If

The .RecipientDisplayName returns the correct one from the database when the cursor is passed over rs!Lastname. Somehow or another, this value is not passed.

Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back