Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending Email with another program when using Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmvdmv

MIS
Mar 15, 2004
US
Good Morning-

When running Outlook 2003, and using another program to send email notifications, you are given a message from Outlook stating that another program is trying to send an email and basically asking if this is okay. You need to answer the question.

We have a client using a batch process that sends about 300 emails and this question continually comes up so, they use a workstation running an older version of Outlook to avoid it. They need to run this process on a newer workstation. Is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks,
diane

I'm pretty sure this is in OLK2003 as security and as anti spam. I do not believe there is a conventional way of disabling this w/o system hacks if at all.
Bypassing this would enable ppl to simply script spam via OLK.

[yinyang] Tranpkp [pc2]

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Thought maybe someone had a way around it. Thanks for your help.

Usual ways round it are Outlook Redemption or ClickYes Express. The links in smash's post seem to point in the appropriate directions for these.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I downloaded ClickYes and it seems to do the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back